Searching...

Popular Posts

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Gotta teach 'em all

Sunday, August 28, 2016
Welcome school year 2016 - 2017!

I chose Pokémon as my classroom's theme this year. Last year, I did Minecraft. My students loved it, but I think this year will be a blast. Why Pokémon? I don't know about Pokémon but I have confiscated hundreds of Pokémon cards from my students last year. Then, over the summer we got all crazy about Pokémon Go!

As a teacher trying to make innovation in my classroom by targeting the interest of most of my students, I thought of setting up my classroom where my students will be excited to come to school everyday.



This is a PokeStop sign posted at my classroom door. A PokeStop is a place in Pokémon Go where players collect items such as eggs and Poke Balls to capture more Pokémon. This sets the tone as my students enter the classroom. 


Poké Ball
This is a Poké Ball that serves as my Unit Lesson Bulletin. It is strategically posted beside the Daily Objective, Agenda, and Vocabulary.


Pokémon Expectation Poster
This is my classroom expectation poster, which serves as an everyday guide and reminder for my students on how they will be successful in their learning.


Syllabus 
This is a Math 4th Grade Syllabus displayed from Unit 1 to Unit 21. It serves as a guide for students showing the summary of concepts that they need to learn and master in 4th Grade. It also includes the Snapshots tests from the district that they have to take throughout the school year. Further, the Snapshots are presented in a bar graph which also serves as data tracker for each class so they can compare their performance with the other class. It encourages the students to work together and help each other in their learning, and be more competitive. 





This serves as my word wall and place for anchor charts that I will create with my students during class instruction.








These are my Pokémon Inspired Classroom Rules. The Pokémon characters are effective in getting the students' attention making them read the rules.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting Articles